Here are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions our customers have about Front Doors, Patio Doors and more!
In Depth Answers to Common Questions About Doors
How do I buy a new front door?
- I want to replace my front door with a new one, but I don't know where to begin? One of the most common comments I hear from my customers is that “my current door is really ugly” or “it lets in a lot of cold air.” I want a new front door but I really don't know exactly what I want. Does that sound familiar? Learn about how to buy a new front door here.
What are the Hot Trends in Patio Doors?
- There are several Marvin innovations for Patio Doors find out about the newest styles here.
What are the differences between Provia and Therma Tru doors?
- Which brand of exterior doors is better: Therma Tru or Provia? Both of these brands offer a variety of options in both fiberglass and steel doors, as well as a multitude of glass and design options. Both brands are popular options in the market today, but which one is truly better? Here are some pros & cons of both door lines to help you decide which is the better option for you!
Wood Doors or Fiberglass Doors?
- Fiberglass Entry Doors have come a long way since the "fake plastic woodgrain look." If you are thinking of replacing your current door or are building a new home and cannot decide whether to use a wood or a fiberglass door, here are some considerations to help you in your decision process.
How much does a front door cost?
- There are a lot of factors that will determine the cost of your door. Anything from decorative glass, to the material of your door, can end up increasing the price and contribute to your final decision.
- That's why I've created a condensed outline of how these different sizes, materials and glass options can ultimately effect the price of your door.
Where should I buy a front door?
- A specialty window and door dealer like Franklin Window and Door will have entry door experts that have had training from the factory where the entry doors are built. They will have brand name entry doors that are not available at a Lowes, Menards, or Home Depot. They will also come out to your home, obtain measurements as well as help you design your door. There are design tools where you can design your new entry door on your home so you can see if it is the perfect entry door for you!
- Whether you find your new entry door at Lowes, Menards or Home Depot, or whether you want something a little more custom, you can rest assured that your new entry door will make a big impact on the curb appeal of your home. A new entry door is one of the biggest, quickest changes you can make on your home to change it’s appearance in only one day! Learn more here.
Do you have a showroom?
- Get an inside glimpse of our boutique style showroom, located in Carmel, Indiana. Focusing on durability, design and efficiency, Franklin Window and Door is sure to offer the perfect windows and doors for your home.